Spend Less,Â Give MoreÂ
Valentine’s day is almost here and many of you are still struggling with holiday bills. Luckily, telling someone how much you care is free, and shouldn’t be reserved for just a few times a year.
For the Grownups
- Better Homes & Gardens is always a good place to look for fun projects. You can find a variety of projects here, some are going to take more time, so get started now!
For decorating, check out thisÂ BHG page:
- M&M’s. Who doesn’t like M&M’s (if you’re not allergic to chocolate). This company has great seasonal ideas year round, so be sure to sign up for their email newsletter while you’re there.
- DotComWomen has many suggestions on gifts for your loved one as well as some craft projects and recipes.
- The Shoe String has a lot of ideas for cheap dates (not specifically for Valentine’s Day, but a great place for ideas.
For specific Valentine’s tips, try this page
- Family Fun’s Project Page
- Kids Domain is always a favorite for fun and affordable projects
- Enchanted Learning – not a very pretty site, but definitely full of fun
- DLTK’s Valentine projects
Remember, it really is the thought that counts. Money is one of the top causes of marital arguments, so the less you have to spend, the more creative you can be and the more your gift needs to come from the heart and not the wallet. You are the gift and so is your significant other.