1 package (18.5 ounces) yellow or white cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix
2 containers (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
4 cups flaked coconut
15 large marshmallows
15 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped
Decorations: Small red candies and pretzel sticks
Green and red decorating gel
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 15 regular-size (2-1/2 inch) muffin pan cups and 15 small (about 1 inch) muffin pan cups with paper muffin cups.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans.
3. Bake 10 to 15 minutes for small cupcakes and 15 to 20 minutes for large cupcakes or until cupcakes are golden and wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove to racks; cool completely. Remove paper liners.
4. For each snowman, frost bottom and side of 1 large cupcake; coat with coconut. Repeat with 1 small cupcake. Attach small cupcake to large cupcake with some frosting. Attach marshmallow to small cupcake with frosting.
5. Attach inverted peanut butter cup to marshmallow with frosting. Use pretzels for arms and small red candies for buttons. Pipe faces with decorating gel. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
Makes 15 snowmen