1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon water
Coarse salt, optional
1. Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions adding Parmesan and basil. Knead dough on lightly floured surface until smooth, about 5 minutes. Cover loosely; let stand in bowl about 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
3. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Pat each piece into 2-to 3-inch circle. Place on prepared cookie sheet. With scissors, snip 8 slits in each circle.
4. Carefully stretch dough to open slits and form snowflake shape. Cover loosely; let rise until doubled in size about 30 minutes.
5. Combine egg yolk and water. Lightly brush tops of breads; sprinkle with coarse salt, if desired. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Makes 12 breads
Just like real snowflakes, no two of these pretty breads are the same.