12 ounces Jalapeno peppers, canned
1 cup Buttermilk baking mix
6 ounces Mozzarella cheese -- shredded
1 pound Sausage
6 ounces Seasoned bread crumbs*
1. Cut off stem ends from the peppers.
2. Stuff peppers lightly with cheese, then set aside.
3. Thoroughly mix sausage, biscuit mix, and remaining cheese. Make small patties from the mixture.
Place a pepper in the center of each patty, then wrap and seal the dough around the pepper. Coat one or two balls at a time by shaking them in a plastic bag with the pork breading mix or seasoning of yourchoice.
4. In a lightly greased skillet, brown sausage balls until the sausage is thoroughly cooked, turning several times. Let cool a bit on a paper
towel and serve.
* Use a spicy breading mix made for pork or for less spicy dish use unseasoned fine dry bread crumbs. A mixture of pork breading crumbs and plain crumbs is good to use.