(NAPSI)-Tired of looking at the same drab décor, but can’t afford new furniture or a major renovation? Not every room makeover requires a complete overhaul or needs to cost a fortune. Sometimes even the smallest changes or additions can make a big difference. Here are some easy and inexpensive tips to turn a room from bleak to chic for under $100:
- Pick up a paintbrush. Faux and decorative painting will brighten your room and add depth to your walls. Make a bold statement by adding colorful stripes or create an accent wall by painting one wall a different color than the other three walls.
- Change your perspective. Make your room look new and fresh by simply rearranging the furniture and changing the layout. Add a few new accessories, such as an area rug or a funky lamp, to help create the illusion of a total room makeover.
- Deck the walls. Make the most of your vertical surfaces by transforming everyday items, such as handbags or scarves, into display pieces. One easy way to hang them is with decorative 3M Command metal hooks. They use a unique stretch release technology that won’t damage the walls and they add an additional element of style to the décor.
- Cover it up. Instead of spending a ton of money on new furniture, you can create a brand-new look by simply covering up your comfortable old sofa with new fabric. Visit a local fabric shop and pick out different color patterns to make your old furniture look just like new.
- Accessorize with accents. Add some bold accent colors to help punch up a room. Pillows, candles and flowers are an easy and inexpensive way to do this.
For more inexpensive ideas on how to decorate your room décor, visit www.commandadhesive.com.