Feta And Spinach Fillo (Phyllo)Recipe Index: Breads/Pastries > Doughnuts/Pastries
1-ounce prosciutto, finely chopped, or 1/4 cup Canadian bacon, finely
1/2-cup onion, chopped
2 - 10 ounce packages frozen chopped spinach
2/3-cup low-fat ricotta cheese
1/3-cup non-fat yogurt
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (if you do not like feta, use Romano or
2 Tablespoons fresh mint
2-teaspoon dill weed
8 sheets fillo (phyllo) dough, thawed
3 teaspoons melted margarine
1. In large skillet, over medium heat, combine oil, Canadian bacon, and onion.
2. Sauté mixture until onion is soft and golden. Add spinach and simmer 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add ricotta cheese, yogurt, feta, and spices. Mix well. Set aside.
4. On pastry cloth, place 2 full sheets of fillo dough. Brush top piece lightly with melted margarine. Add 2 more pieces of fillo, again coating lightly with margarine.
5. Spread half approx. 4 wide x length of dough.
6. Roll dough in jelly roll fashion and pinch edges. Place on baking sheet. Cut four small slits in top of dough. Repeat process with remaining dough and spinach mixture.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until gold & bubbly.
Makes: 16 Slices
(1 Serving = 2 Slices)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 136; Fat: 6 grams; Carbohydrates: 15 grams; Protein: 6 grams; Sodium: 261 mg; Cholesterol: 11 mg.
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch/Bread, 1 Vegetable, 1 Medium Fat Meat